The children are introduced to a variety of public institutions and services in England and their local community. We also support many local charities in order to forge links within our community. In doing this, the children of Chepstow House gain a greater understanding and respect for the world around them by taking care of the community to which they belong.
Here our some of our of recent community links:
- The Children’s Book Project – The Year 6 children organise book drives across the school to then pass the books on to others in our community.
- Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea – our Junior Travel Ambassadors organise road safety campaigns, safe scooter training and having the librarian come into read to the children.
- The school’s Eco Warriors are always on the look out to support our local area.
- We write letters to the Government on environmental issues, both locally and globally, such as a year 3 letter regarding deforestation and the use of palm oil.
- Supporting the NHS and saying thank you is very important to us. For many years, children have written letters of thanks to the NHS for working over the Christmas period. Our year 2 children drew rainbows to display at Westbourne Grove doctors surgery.
- We have formed a linked with the local French school ‘La Petite Ecole Française.’ Children across the school communicate with children at this school both online and through shared lessons at the schools.