Using the Programmes of Study from the Curriculum Framework (2014) for teaching mathematics and objectives from the Independent Schools Examination Board (ISEB) mathematics syllabus, it is our aim to develop:
- A positive attitude towards mathematics and an awareness of the fascination of mathematics
- Competence and confidence in mathematical knowledge, concepts and skills
- An ability to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately.
- Initiative and an ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- An ability to communicate mathematics
- An ability to use and apply mathematics across the curriculum and in real life
- An understanding of mathematics
- Use interactive whiteboards and mathematical programs to understand mathematical concepts.