At Chepstow House we are committed to exploring and promoting fundamental British values. We are proud to celebrate a community that respects the opinions of all, knows right from wrong, and is knowledgeable about the world around us.
- School Council selected termly by classes
- Travel Ambassadors
- Debates during class and after school clubs
- Pupil, parent and staff questionnaires.
- Trips to various educational venues such as The Royal Courts of Justice.
- Bullying awareness, with anti-bullying assemblies and classes
- E-safety lessons
- PSHE lessons and assemblies
- Individual right to an opinion and the right to make personal choices, regarding work and school life
- Learning tasks that are challenging, require cooperation and scholastic endeavour
- Congratulating and being proud of peers
- Hold the belief that you can be successful
- Residential trips (year 3+) and days trips around London (reception+)
- Individual fundraising for charity.
- Supporting local charities such as the Harvest appeal, Poppy collection, Rugby Portobello Trust Shoe Box appeal
- Annually fundraising for local charities such as the More Smiles Appeal, Real Action, Breaking Barriers, Save the Children, the Harrow Club
- Supporting international charity Stand By Me (Dembi Dollo, Ethiopia)
- Encourage everyone to have good manners and behaviour, care for one another, be responsible, hardworking and helpful
- PSHE lessons on well-being, relationships and core values.
Rule of Law
- School behaviour policy, with weekly badges to celebrate
- Class Rules
- Rewards including Golden Time
- Learning about the rules and cultures of different faiths
- Community visitors, such as the police and London Ambulance Service
- Visits to establishments, such as the Tower of London
- Learning about different faiths, including parent talks
- Visits to different places of worship
- Actively promoting and sharing religious values
- High regard for all.
For further information about recent visitors to the school, trips and charity events, please click here to read our school news.